Login to your Wi-Fi AP management interface and change your LAN IP address to 192.168.20.2
(1) Default login information for your Wi-Fi Access Point can be found on or under your Wi-Fi Access Point or visit manufacturer website or contact your ISP provider.
(2) For popular manufacturers like TP Link, Netgear, ASUS, etc., you can find “LAN IP” address under the “Network” or “LAN” menu/settings.
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Enter 192.168.1.1 (or some are 192.168.0.1)
- Enter the router user name and password.
Consult the Wi-Fi AP manual for the admin user name & password
Enter the credentials and enter the web based configuration utility.
- Select Setup > LAN Setup. (Popular manufacturers like TP-Link, Netgear, ASUS, etc., may refer to it as Setup > Network Settings)
The LAN Setup page displays.
- Type in the router's new IP address 192.168.20.2. The IP Address that is configured here is the IP Address that you use to access the Web-based management interface. If you change the IP Address here, you may need to adjust your PC´s network settings to access the network again. (You can do this by disconnecting and reconnecting to the network)
- Click the Apply button.
Note: You may lose temporary connectivity to your (additional) Audra Wi-Fi Access Point, as it may need to restart after this action and may need to re-connect to your Audra Wi-Fi Access Point respectively. This process can take up to 5 minutes or more to complete.